Staff & Leadership
Calvary Lutheran School employs some of the brightest, most experienced, most dedicated staff that the Kansas City area has to offer. Our staff strives to drive our students down a path towards excellence, equipping children with a Christ-centered education that will impact the rest of their lives.
Schedule a tour to get to know the dedicated teachers, administrators, and board members at Calvary Lutheran School!
The K-8 staff works with your children as they grow through some of the most crucial stages of life. Calvary families believe in our K-8 staff’s ability to exceed the needs of their children’s education and well-being.
- Kindergarten: Mrs. Laurie Riddle
- 1st Grade: Mrs. Bev Jamison
- 2nd Grade: Mrs. Corrie Klatt
- 3rd Grade: Ms. Melody Riddell
- 4th Grade: Mrs. Lori Diveley
- 5th Grade: Mrs. Janet Begley
- 6th Grade, Athletic Director, Middle School PE: Mrs. Candi VanVolkenburgh
- 6th Grade, Technology: Mr. Bruce Kletke
- 7th Grade: Mrs. Jenny Liu
- 8th Grade, Elementary PE: Mr. Chris Auger
- 8th Grade Math: Mrs. Donna Goeglein
- Art & Enrichment: Ms. Elita Bohn
- Music & Enrichment: Mrs. Ruth Kunkel
- Spanish: Mrs. Roxanne Reimer
- Band: Mr. Peter Olson
Early Education Lead Teachers
Our early education team is passionate about going above the highest standards of care for children in their youngest stages of life. Our staff prepares each of our youngest students to enter the elementary level of education by meeting all of your children’s needs and cultivating a familiarity of a Christian education environment.
Board of Christian Education
Our board consists of volunteer leaders who work with faculty, administrators, staff, and parents to foster a thriving academic environment for our children, centered on Christ’s love. The congregation of Calvary Lutheran Church elects the Board of Christian Education, and all members serve a minimum two-year term.
- Kathy Alber – Director
- Julie Springer
- Kathy Williams-Griffin
- Jonelle Hizer
- Christian Nord
- Brian Yoder
To contact the Board of Christian Education, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021-22 Board Meeting Dates*
- August 24, 2021
- September 15, 2021
- October 20, 2021
- November 17, 2021
- December 15, 2021
- January 19, 2022
- February 16, 2022
- March 22, 2022
- April 20, 2022
- May/June TBA
*Meeting dates are subject to change. Please contact the school office to confirm the date, time and location.