Meet Our Principal
Michelle met her husband Paul, who was stationed at Edwards Air Force Base at the time, and they were married in 1998. They have two sons, Nathaniel and Johnathon. The Fischer family loves to visit National Parks (they have been to over 80!) because they enjoy the beauty of God’s creation. Michelle’s personal favorite is Yosemite National Park.
The Air Force life took Michelle and Paul all over the place, from Alaska to California, and Michelle served in many educational roles everywhere they went:
- 1st grade Teacher, California City California
- Title 1 Reading Specialist, Mojave Unified School District, California City, California
- Lead Teacher and Center Director in Child Development Center on Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
- Lead Teacher School-Age Programs, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
- 3rd and 5th grade teacher at Anchor Lutheran School in Anchorage, Alaska
- Substitute teacher at Lone Tree Elementary School, Beale AFB, California
- School Liaison Officer for the Family Support and Readiness Center, Beale AFB, California
- Administrator at Bethlehem Lutheran Church and School, Denver, Colorado
Now she is part of the Calvary Lutheran Family in Kansas City! Calvary is proud to have Michelle as our principal because she is passionate about working in Christian Education where she can share God’s love each day with students and families. Michelle values the high quality academics she feels is available in Lutheran Schools across the United States, and works hard to uphold that standard at Calvary.
“I went into education to help students enjoy learning and show them God’s immense love for them. My favorite bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11. God has a plan for each and every one of us. I love to see students when the light bulb goes on in their heads and something that was hard becomes easy!”
Michelle loves the family atmosphere at Calvary Lutheran School. She sees a welcoming attitude in everyone and people who are willing to step in and help in many ways. Michelle is proud that the students care about each other and the world around them!